Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Ophelia Your Pain

It looks like the guvmint may get a shot at redemption, as Ophelia is expected to turn into a hurricane and hit North Carolina tomorrow. The Outer Banks better get outer there.

It's only looking like a Category 1 hurricane so far, which I'm sure is no picnic, but the preznint should be able to handle it, especially now that he admits he had his head up his caboose on Katrina and will try to do better:

"Are we capable of dealing with a severe attack or another severe storm? That's a very important question and it's in our national interest that we find out exactly what went on so we can better respond."


It's more than a little disillusioning to find our president wondering whether or not we could handle a severe attack 4 years after 9/11. Well, actually, that would mean I had illusions that he had it all under control, and that's so not the case.

Anyway, Ophelia will be like a test run for him. Baby steps, George, baby steps.

@ Wil the Beer Man, who may be in Ophelia's path: "This is the week my roof is being replaced. It's only 3/4 done with only tar paper in places. There are nails and shingles all around my house on the ground. The guys/company that is replacing the roof have now been placed on my fecal roster. Yesterdays I had to call and almost threaten them to get them to come back and secure my roof and grounds." (Fecal roster, that's good, I gotta use that.)

@ Berean Blog, Lee prefers "a brick building over merely a brick foundation!" to wait out the storm, and directs storm watchers to what could become a hurricane cam.

@ Actress, Mom and Then Some, Leslie's beach vacation is alarming the children: "The oldest kid, thinks we're going to get washed away. I explained that we're going to a different ocean"