Thursday, October 06, 2005

I Just Thought of Something...


















"Do you know me? I've been a special prosecutor but still I'm unfamiliar to people other than Scooter and Turd Blossom. That's why I carry the American Express card."


Karl Rove is scared.

Why else would he testify to Patrick Fitzgerald again? Did he just remember something he forgot earlier, something that slipped his mind?

ROVE: "Funny thing, Mr. Fitzgerald, but I suddenly remember a very interesting conversation I had with Bill Clinton, Al Franken and Maureen Dowd..."

Fitzgerald's already told Rove that new testimony won't stop a possible indictment. I'm practically crapping my gym shorts in anticipation of seeing these buttskins go down in flames.


@ d-day: "My guess is that Rove is singing in the key of Cheney (which of course would mean going after Scooter Libby, the Veep's chief of staff). It's speculation, but the two men are at competing centers of power in the Bush Administration. Cheney leds the neocon, PNAC group, whereas Rove is a "power at all costs" guy without as much of an ideological cast. These are two big egos with the ear of the President. I don't think it's an accident that this story about the spy in the VP's office has come out."

@ Whatever: "Lawrence O'Donnell, who first broke Rove as Cooper's source, predicts 'at least three high level Bush Administration personnel indicted and possibly one or more very high level unindicted co-conspirators.' Who wouldn't you indict in the conspiracy at a "very high level?" Maybe some folks whose titles end in "esident?"