Tuesday, October 04, 2005

MonkeyHead Speaks!

Bushie took a few questions today. This answer annoys the heck out of me:

"We're making good progress in Iraq, and Iraq is a part of the war on terror. That's what the American people need to understand."


First off, with the current pace of progress, Iraq will be stable in the year 2155. Second, the American people understand that Iraq is part of the war on terror because YOU made it part of that war, buttskin.

Bush also got all excited about the avian flu. You could tell he got a briefing right beforehand and he couldn't wait to show off:

"I am concerned about avian flu. I'm concerned about what an avian flu outbreak could mean for the United States and the world. I have thought through the scenarios of what an avian flu outbreak could mean. I tried to get a better handle on what the decision-making process would be by reading Mr. Barry's book on the influenza outbreak in 1918. I would recommend it."

Such the eager beaver.

A scary thought on Harriet Miers:

"She knows exactly the kind of judge I'm looking for. And I know exactly the kind of judge she'll be."